Thursday, April 21, 2011

Celebrating Easter in Song: Thursday

Things are slowing down at our house for the rest of the week...or at least deviating from the normal slate of activities. I guess things are never really "slow" when you have five children! The celebration of the resurrection is just a few days a way!  Don't you love it!?  Those who are in Christ have SO much to celebrate!  At Christmas we love to sing and play Christmas hymns and carols that point us to the gift of Christ.  I wonder why, at Easter, we do not find the same thrill in intentionally playing all the wonderful songs and hymns that sing of Christ's last week on earth, his sacrifice for us, and his triumph over death and sin?  These selections will show my age, but as I was peeling carrots this morning and thinking about the Last Supper and Jesus' last day before his crucifixion, they came to mind. Both of these songs were sung at our wedding, which is probably why I thought of them first! There are so many excellent hymns as well. Consider searching You Tube, Rhapsody, or some other source, and celebrating Holy Week in song as you do your chores today. I intentionally choose videos that are visually slow because it is the words that carry the message. I usually just turn the monitor off and listen, but it is nice to be able to read the lyrics as well. Over the next few days  I will ( Lord willing) be posting some Good Friday and Resurrection Sunday hymns and songs, so be sure to check back.  Feel free to post a comment and share your favorite Easter Carols!


No comments:

Post a Comment