Monday, February 6, 2012

Morning Prayer

The past few weeks have been full and beautiful. There hasn't been much time to sit down and write, but lots of good living going on here.  House sitting, soap making, reading, celebrating birthdays ( including that of our former preemie...always an extra special time of thanksgiving!), hosting gatherings, getting to know a mom with a new preemie, English Country dancing and ball gown outfitting.... even saying good bye to a grandmother who lived  life to the full and has gone on to glory.  All great blog material should my turn on the computer ever last more than 2 minutes :), but no real complaints...blogging is awesome, in my opinion, but living,making memories, and seeing my children explore their gifts ( including blogging...three of us now in this house!) is better! 


One of the books I have enjoyed this winter has been The Valley of Vision. As you start a new week, I hope this excerpt will be a blessing to you:


O God, the author of all good,
I come to thee for the grace another day will require for its duties and event.
I know that without thee I can do nothing,
     that everything with which I shall be concerned ,
     however harmless in itself,
     may prove an occasion of sin or folly,
     unless I am kept by thy power, 
Hold thou me up and I shall be safe.
Preserve my understanding from subtilty of error,
    my affections from love of idols,
    my character from stain of vice,
    my profession from every form of evil.
May I engage in nothing in which I cannot implore thy blessing
 and in which I cannot invite thy inspection.


May every creature be made good to me by prayer and thy will;
Teach me how to use the world, and not abuse it,
     to improve my talents,
     to redeem my time,
     to walk in wisdom toward those without, and kindness to those within,
     to do good to all men, and especially my fellow Christians.
And to thee be the glory. 
     





2 comments:

  1. Love the new look! I just received Valley of Vision and A Diary of Private Prayers. So good! We are recovering from a stomach bug (fun!) and hope to have a normal school day around here. Glad to hear from you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, poignant prayer. Thank you for sharing.

    I'm only aware of two bloggers, would you share the third one with me?

    ReplyDelete