Sunday, August 7, 2011

This Week's Dinner Menu (with Gluten-Free Options)

A few yearsago I became very organized about my menu planning and shopping, but all that kind of  fell apart when the words "gluten-free" became part of our daily vocabulary. I have really missed those prepared shopping lists and menus! All the hassle and changes of the past year and a half has been completely worth it, and now  I have settled into a new set of meals we can eat. I am eager to get back to a more systematic approach to meals. To begin with, I need our weekly menu somewhere besides the bottom of my grocery list! Since a few people have suggested that I include some posts on gluten-free eating here, I am going  to share our weekly dinner plans with you. Here's is what is on the list this week:

* Black Beans and Rice with Garden Salad

*Beef Soup ( made in crock pot) with Open Faced Grilled Cheese and Tomato Sandwiches (on homemade whole wheat bread or GF bread. Our favorite  GF Rudi Bread is on sale week...woo-hoo!)

*Chicken Taco Casserole with Corn on the Cob and Garden Salad

* Pasta topped with Alfredo Sauce and Stir Fried Chicken/Garden Veggies; Bread and Garden Salad  (GF Pasta for those who need it)

* Lentils and Rice with Asparagus

We omit cheese/dairy and corn products for those in the family who need it, which is fairly easy to do with all of these meals. Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment