Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Plan-It, Don't Panic, Pleasantburg Style ~ Allergy Free!


 This week I am participating in the Plan it- Don't Panic Menu Planning Challenge....join us for great menu planning resources, ideas, and tips!

I was 40 years old before I began to enjoy cooking.  The shift occurred when  I realized that it was not the cooking I disliked, it was the obligation I felt to follow a recipe. Once I embraced the fact that I could ( and must, in the case of our food allergies/sensitivities) use a recipe as a mere guideline, I felt am amazing sense of  FREEDOM and joy in cooking!!!!

This week's menu items  are all loosely based  on recipes from Sue Gregg's Meals in Minutes cookbook. I invested in this cookbook when we had two babies and were living on a very small salary. This cookbook was a great help to me. If you are  looking to reduce food costs while still providing your family with healthy  whole food, I think this is one of the best resources you can own.  I have easily modified are all of this week's recipes to be gluten free. ( Feel free to email me or leave a comment if you want the details on how I did that.)

*Monday:  Enchilada Casserole and salad  ( separate dish without corn tortillas for those with corn sensitivity)

*Tuesday: Spaghetti and Meatballs and green beans ( separate gluten free pasta, but GF meatballs for everyone!)

*Wednesday: Sausage-Egg Strata, grits, and toast ( skip the grits for the corn sensitive, GF toast as needed )

*Thursday:  Crock Pot Beef Soup ( this one is not in Sue Gregg's cookbook...I just made it up one cold winter day !) and salad

*Friday:  Tuna casserole, asparagus, and rice

*Saturday: French Bread Pizza ( Udi GF hot dog bun pizza for the GF folks, without cheese for the GFCF among us...I highly recommend Hormel All-Natural pepperoni in the brown box, especially if you are concerned with preservatives.)

Pleasant dining to you and yours! Order your own Sue Gregg cookbooks here! The Breakfast Cookbook also has Allergy Free Alternatives.



Growing Home

No comments:

Post a Comment