Friday, May 13, 2011

Frugal Fridays:Serving Snacks in Coffee Filters

Sometimes I find myself serving snacks to a crowd ...birthday parties, snacks for sports teams, play dates, family and church gatherings.  I don't always have enough real dishes, and sometimes I am needing disposable  options for individual servings. Several years ago I discovered an unexpected solution in my coffee supply drawer... paper coffee filters! We use a reusable coffee filter now, but I always keep some paper filters on hand.  Filters like the one above come in packs of 200. I paid 99 cents for my most recent pack from Aldi. Some snacks may require more than one filter for additional support, but even at that, this is a very economical disposable paper product. For young children, I find the cone type coffee filters to be more manageable. They are slightly more expensive, but are super easy to hold onto. And did you know that you can put coffee filters in your compost when you are finished with them?  This makes me appreciate this solution even more!  The next time you are serving a snack, think out of the box ( or out of the dish cupboard!) and let me know what creative solutions you find!

This article is linked to Frugal Fridays at Life as a Mom. Enjoy reading frugal tips from other bloggers!

No comments:

Post a Comment