Monday, May 23, 2011

A Week of Poems, Day 1: For Every Day

The end of the school year is in full swing here and  I certianly do wish there was some way to get blog posts directly from my brain and into my draft box! We are going along at break neck speed finishing up our books, doing some house sitting, and enjoying various filed trips. I have hardly had a second to sit down and type out my name, much less anything worth reading! However, I do think I have written an entire month of blog posts in my head!

This week I am going to be quite busy preparing for an upcoming adventure.  Therefore,for the next few days, I am turning the bulk of the blog responsibilities over to my oldest daughter.  If the Lord is willing, she will be sharing some of her lovely photography and several selections of classic  Christian poetry.  At the moment we are not able to access her photos, but  I know you will thoroughly enjoy seeing her wonderful photography through out the week! And I am sure you will be encouraged by the words of faithful Christians that have gone before us, often facing the same challenges we find ourselves dealing with today. I believe uplifting poetry is one of the finest ways to add pleasant moments to your day! Our poetry books are on the desk with several selections marked, so happy reading!


For Every Day

SUNDAY .
Lord, speak to me, that I may speak
  In living echoes of Thy tone;
As thou hast sought, so let me seek
  Thy erring children lost and lone.

MONDAY.
O lead me, Lord, that I may lead
  The wandering and the wavering feet;
O feed me, Lord, that I may feed
   Thy hungering ones with manna sweet.

TUESDAY.
O strengthen me, that while I stand
  Firm on the Rock, and strong in Thee,
I may stretch out a loving hand
  To  wrestlers with the troubled sea.

WEDNESDAY.
O teach me, Lord, that I may teach
  The precious things Thou dost inpart;
And wing my words that I may reach
  The hidden depths of many a heart.

THURSDAY.
O give thine own sweet rest to me,
  That I may speak with soothing power
A word in season, as from Thee,
  To weary ones in needful hour.

FRIDAY.
O fill me with thy fullness, Lord,
  Until my very heart o'erflow
In kindling thought and glowing word,
  Thy love to tell, Thy praise to show.

SATURDAY.
O use me, Lord, use even me,
  Just as thou wilt, and when, and where,
Until Thy blessed face I see-
  Thy rest, Thy joy, Thy glory share!

                              -Frances Ridley Havergal

1 comment:

  1. What a blessing you send to those of us who are miles away.
    We love you,
    MiMi & Grandma

    ReplyDelete