Thursday, October 13, 2011

Country Porch Blog Party



Today Pleasantburg is participating in the Country Porch Blog Party. Different bloggers have been introducing themselves this week and we encourage you to come on over ...just click the blog party button above and pull up a chair!    
And now, I will tell you a bit about Pleasantburg Blog...

When did you begin Pleasantburg Blog?
I began Pleasantburg blog last spring. After several years of building my
 "blogging confidence" with our private family blog, some friends encouraged me to branch out into the wider blogging world.  

What is the purpose of Pleasantburg Blog?  
My prayer is that this blog will inspire women of all walks of life to make their homes a pleasant place to live and visit.  Pleasantburg is not about perfection, and it is not about a pie-in-the-sky approach to life...it is about creating a haven of rest in the midst of a world that has many trials and troubles.  Topics include everything from practical homemaking subjects ( including dealing with food allergies) to spiritual encouragement for the Christian homemaker. 

Who is doing the writing here?
Mrs T. ! I am married to the wonderful Mr. T. and we have five children, ranging in age from 17 to 4 years. I spend my days homeschooling our children and working to make our home a pleasant place. I love to read and garden, and I am in the over 40 crowd.  I am saved by God's grace and grow more thankful each day for His work in my life and heart.  

What are a few facts your blog readers might not know about you?
I am an adoptee and have been reunited with my birth mother. Our youngest child was premature and spent  his first few months in the hospital. I love good guacamole :).

I hope you enjoyed visiting Pleasantburg Blog...please come back again!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm visiting from the front porch party. It's nice to meet you. Your blog has such a lovely name...I grew up in a suburb of Pittsburgh, PA...called Pleasant Hills. I always (and still do!) love that name. The word "pleasant" just conjures up lovely images...exactly what you are doing at your blog.

    I left the over 40 crowd in January...now I'm at that big 5-0 mark. Since my 40's were marked by the heartbreak of fertility issues, I was glad to leave them behind.

    I homeschooled too. My kids are now 19 and 21, so we've finished up, but it was my life for many years. It is such a joy and privilege to be able to teach our children at home, isn't it?

    Oh, I love guacamole too. My daughter makes some fabulous guac...just add tortilla chips and I'm content!

    Have a lovely day...no, make that a pleasant day.

    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. HELLO! from the country porch blog party :)
    I did not have time to say hi to everyone last week, but hope to get to more of them soon :)
    I am looking forward to reading more & I enjoy a good guacamole too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to meet you both :). Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete