Monday, October 28, 2013

Brave and Beautiful Protest



Welcome to Day 25 in 31 Days of Brave!  A few days ago I shared a post by one of my favorite bloggers. Today I will do it again! ( I am no longer sipping on Throat Coat Tea, but Advil is still a good friend!)

I recently learned about musician Vedran Smailovic. He took his cello  into the bomb-busted rubble of  Sarajevo, he sat still, and he played.  An astonishing protest in the midst of ruins. Art, peace,and loveliness flowing out of those crumbled buildings and into a world  desperately needing someone to be brave enough to offer beauty in times of ugliness.

 I was excited when Ellen of Sweetwater Blog posted this beautiful page of words. She has learned about Mr. Smailovic, too. You can read Ellen's post here .  Be inspired, friends and bravely put some of your own special beauty into this weary world today!

a 

No comments:

Post a Comment