Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Choose to Become Strong


                                                                  Welcome to Day 22!
                             

The following quote is from the Inspired to Action blog . It talks about  being brave enough to choose   that which will make us stronger. Psalm 112:7 says, " He is not afraid of bad news; his heart is firm, trusting in the LORD."  Bravery in hard times flows from a heart that has already been made steadfast. In easier times we can strengthen our trust in the Lord by nurturing our relationship with Him and growing in our knowledge of God's word. Then, when hard times come, we need not collapse in fear.  Bravery will be the response of a heart that trusts in the Lord.  

."I won’t get fitter, healthier, more patient, more like Jesus or anything else good until I face resistance. And I have a very, very simple choice. I can wait for that resistance to come (normally in some sort of disastrous way) or I can choose to bring resistance into my life.
I want to be a woman who chooses it. I want to train for my life instead of react to it. I can choose to get up early to spend time with God. I can choose to lift weights. I can choose to run. I can choose to speak in kindness when I don’t feel like it. I can choose to serve my family. I can choose to do the dishes tonight instead of letting them “soak.” I can choose to cook dinner because it’s healthier than the take out I’d resort to otherwise. I can choose to go to bed on time, even though I’d really like to stay up late and pretend I’m in college. I can choose to lovingly respond to my children instead of emotionally respond to them.As moms, we face resistance all. day. long. Choose it. Embrace it. Get stronger. " 
Read Kat's entire post here .   








No comments:

Post a Comment