Thursday, October 17, 2013

Givers

                                                                   Welcome to Day 17!

This afternoon I received a gift in the mail.  It was a book! I danced around the kitchen and then right out the door. ( It was time to pick up one of my girls!). I just can't tell you how much I have been longing to curl up with a book on these chilly, damp evenings! And a book I can read without the pressure of a library due date and that I can jot notes in if I so desire...ahhhhh....such a sweet gift.  When we returned there was a bag of fresh produce on my doorstep. Another kind gift!  Who could have possibly known how much I have been craving fresh greens? It was a blessing to know that someone was thinking of me and humbling ( in the best possible way) to know that someone had shared what was theirs with me.

 Those who give are brave. They share from their resources because they are not fearful of running out.  They are not worried about possibly being misunderstood. They are confident enough to be free from the need to be recognized.  It is their delight to bless and not hoard because they know their future needs will be attended to as the Lord sees fit. And, yes, again...they are courageous enough to take their eyes off of themselves so they can see and meet needs around them.

 My sweet, brave, anonymous friends are leading me by example.



No comments:

Post a Comment