Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Day 1 : Why Brave?


                                                               Welcome to Day 1!

brave

    
adjective
1.
possessing or exhibiting courage or courageous endurance.
2.
making a fine appearance.

I am going to start off my 31 days of writing with a confession:  I was not planning on writing on the subject of  Brave.    For several weeks I was mentally gathering information to write about Edith Schaeffer.  Yup, 31 Days of Edith Schaeffer!  Safe, easy, and mostly words from the heart and mind of another. Not very brave. Monday afternoon I sat down with my eldest daughter so she could help me with my 31 Days button. When it came right down to it I just couldn't make an Edith button. I adore Mrs. Schaeffer's writing.  She inspires me every time I read about her life or pick up one of her books. I truly want women of a younger generation to know what I know about her. But it wasn't what I really desired on Monday afternoon. I was ready for the chance to make myself sit down and write about what has been burning in my heart. It was time to put down some words of my own again. I wanted to have a reason to escape the hectic pace of my wonderful life to reflect on what the Lord has taught me this year of stretching and opportunity. I was ready for a challenge.

So, yes, Brave....grammatically incorrect, I know. But it fits nicely on the blog button and perfectly where I am in my journey. The thoughts won't be as grand and glorious as those of the good Mrs. Schaeffer , but I hope you'll leave each day feeling encouraged in the Lord and ready to courageously embrace whatever circumstances He sends your way!      

No comments:

Post a Comment