Friday, October 11, 2013

Friday Quote

                                           Welcome to Day 10! It's Friday Quote Time again!

One of my favorite parts of motherhood is reading aloud to our children.  I especially love sharing biographies of missionaries with them.  Gladys Aylward has been so inspiring to me.  Poor and not considered smart enough to be a missionary, she continued to look for opportunities to serve the Lord. No work was too menial for her. And, indeed, the Lord had mighty plans for her overseas. (One of her most notable tasks was leading over 100 orphaned children across dangerous, war-torn terrain to safety!)  Watching  Inn of the Sixth Happiness will give you a great taste of her bravery, but do read a biography of her life as well!  Here is a favorite quote from Gladys.

Here I was worrying about my journey, while God was helping me all the way. I made me realize that I am very weak; my courage is only borrowed from Him, but, oh, the peace that flooded my soul... because I know that he never faileth. I would not, if I could, turn back now, because I believe that God is going to reveal Himself in a wonderful way. 

Gladys Aylward
Biography 


No comments:

Post a Comment